GoodGiving Challenge: Giving with your BGCF Donor Advised Fund
As an upgrade this year, Blue Grass Community Foundation is making it possible for BGCF Fundholders to donate directly from their fund by using the BGgives.org website. You will not contact BGCF staff with your GoodGiving donation requests, but will now have the convenience of making your donations directly on the website.
Please note that for the purposes of any matching opportunities, all DAF donations will be accounted for using the date/time that the donor initially enters them on the website.
How do I make a donation using my BGCF Donor Advised Fund?
1. Visit BGgives.org.
2. Search for the participating organizations you want to support and select the amount you want to give to each.
3. DAF donations do not assess any fees, so when you enter your donation amount, select “NO” when asked “Would you like to increase your donation by 5.2% to help offset the fees of processing your gift?”
4. Once you have completed the questions related to the gift to the organization, your donation will be added to your “Cart.”
5. When ready to Checkout, you will click the tab that says “Pay using your Donor Advised Fund held with Blue Grass Community Foundation.”
6. If you want to track your donation history, you have the option of creating a donor account, or, you can donate as a guest:
7. You will then be prompted to enter your name, email address, zip code and the name of your Donor Advised Fund held with Blue Grass Community Foundation.
8. Upon submission, you will be shown a confirmation page and will receive an email confirmation that the DAF donation has been received and is under review.
9. Once your DAF submission has been reviewed and BGCF confirms that the DAF has sufficient funds for the requested donations, you will receive a confirmation email. If your DAF has insufficient funds and the transaction cannot be approved, a representative from BGCF will reach out to you.
10. Once the DAF donation is approved by BGCF, the nonprofit will be notified and the donation will appear within the nonprofit’s donation list and the donation total will be added to the nonprofit’s total.